I write about strange creatures. Typically they shouldn’t exist, or they have bled through from a different reality, or they’re pretending to be a crying baby in a crib. Sometimes that lands my stories in horror and other times in fantasy, but there’s always an air of strangeness to my tales. If you want to get a better feel for what I’m talking about, check out a few clips or read a few drabbles.
My work has appeared in a spattering of short story collections, but I do have a few novellas and novels in the pipeline. Other than talking about writing, I also talk about cryptozoology, werewolves, wildlife conservation, and of course kitties. I’ve also been known to nerd out about Batman and The Hobbit, and have recently discovered the cracktastic fun of Black Butler cosplay, so there will likely be more of these incidents.
By day I work as an IT professional, so I’ll occasionally talk about tech issues like finding the right theme.
- The Seeking, A YA Horror novel featuring weird monsters and a dystopian society, a mixture of A Quiet Place and Hunger Games – Coming from Parliament Houes Press on October 27, 2020
- The Stolen Series: A YA Fantasy portal fantasy series in the vein of Labyrinth and Wizard of Oz, was published January 22, 2019 with Parliament House Publishing.
- The She-Wolf of Kanta, a YA Horror novella featuring a dystopian world with werewolves and steampunk elements, was published April 17, 2018 with Aurelia Leo Press.
- Horror Writers Association Affiliate Membership as of November 2015, Active member of the Atlanta Chapter
Awards & Recognition
- On release day, Stolen made it onto the Amazon Bestseller category for Fairy Tales, Folk Tales, & Myths.
- “The Mysterious Disappearance of Charlene Kerringer”, a fantasy noir detective piece, was a semi-finalist in The Zharmae Publishing Press’ Spring 2012 Writer’s Competition.
- “The Sky is Falling”, a steampunk short story inspired by the Chicken Little tale, was included in Pink Narcissus Press’ Rapunzel’s Daughters. The anthology was named an Editor’s Choice title by Independent Publisher Online. 2011.